Freitag, 12. Juli 2013

The best... of the past?

I have to admit that I am a lover of that trve underground spirit of old-school visual kei. Seeing and reading my last posts about good old visual kei it might seem as I try to gloss over that era of visual kei. Sure, I kind of picked mostly the better artists to display. The indie scene in the 90s however wasn't made entirely of creative and talented bands. Really bad and crappy groups released stuff cheaply produced and recorded on tape- most of it sounded like it was recorded in a bathtub and the lack of understanding on how to hold a guitar or how to sing was clearly audible.
Neo visual kei serves us a lot of crap- but so did the bands back then. Difference is: I just can't get myself into liking new visual kei.

But you know... bad songs weren't and aren't the worst. I can actually live with the total trash that has been captured on tape or CD. But when it comes to the horribly low-budget PVs filmed with a cheap handcam... even I loose it.

So here they are, some of the most embarrassing moments of old school visual kei (and see... even underground legends like Madeth can't do it right):



(credit: Psychodissection/Zuka)





Well... I hoped you had a good laugh. If not, try to bleach your brain instead :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen